Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another class completed

Its break time! A time to relax from study after a term full of acting in animation. Yesterday was the last day on AM Fall Term 2008 and I think I am already missing AM for the holidays.
After the pantomime assignment in this term we had to animate a dialog. Since this was an introduction to dialog, we were not supposed to animate the facial controls and so it showed how it is challenging to show the acting and emotions through the whole body even without facial expressions. Only the jaw and eyes could be animated, so I wanted to take full advantage of it to push the emotion displayed through his body.

Here is the shot. Please Note that it is still a work in progress. In the next term I will be working on the facial controls and lip-sync and make it final. The "final" in the video below indicates the final assignment for the term.



Ah! Acting is SO difficult even though you know its not a theater stage that you are presenting it on. I like to see how we unknowingly do some things in front of the camera which we might not have imagined if we were bringing it all only from our memory or imagination. This is the video reference I settled on before going into animating it.



I hope to get the best out of this shot once Class 4 starts, for now its break time ! :)
- Chai'

No comments: